Peg Doll Angels

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Sometimes projects are just an angels breath from completion.  These little pegs had been sitting painted for a while, waiting for wings, skirts and faces.  I imagined skirts made from slices of lightly coloured vintage embroidery and paper doily wings.  Consulting my drawers of damaged, vintage embroidery, I found other ideas. 

A hand embroidered table cloth, too long in the napisan was waiting for me.  It had been so long bleached that the thread work and hems were dissolving, but still not long enough to remove whatever the tenacious stain had been.  The white on white details remind me of feathers and so wings they were.  The tattered edges became an underskirt for each modest angel, with just the smallest whisper of cotton lace over the top.  My very own mini host of mini angels.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are gorgeous! I'm going to dig out some pegs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must - we found ours at the 1,2,3 dollar plus store. Very useful.

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *