Basket of Threaded Jewels

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

 Before...

During

 After
 


A beautiful basket of threads from the church garage sale.  I carefully took it home and wound up the threads, trying to imagine a world where you would need so many reels of orange, coral or variegated pink threads.  There were even the sweetest little reels holding only 12 yards of thread, dearly marked "Nora". The basket is now nestled next to the couch awaiting it's next adventure. It looks like I have a little bit of sewing ahead of me..





You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. must be a bright sunny, tropical world! Guaranteed to brighten up a gray NZ winters day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow what a treasure trove of thread

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND what a lovely basket too. I can't resist old wooden spools of colourful threads either. were any of them the ones with fanciful names for the colours? Love those x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have a lot of patience to do that - a labour of love!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds I agree you must be extremely patient.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *