Small Acts of Procrastination

Monday, February 13, 2012

There have been a few detours on the path to completing the wedding quilt. While I can proudly announce that all the blocks are finished for the front, the chocolate afghans were good too.


I can't believe that it takes so many walnuts to get the perfect halves for the top of each glistening bickie. With nutcracker in hand it finally hit on the solution - crush shell and pass the rest to the kids to prise off. They appear to have the perfect combination of enthusiasm, patience and small hands.

My dearest is a dab hand at making these biscuits with the kids. My attempt was cheered on with cries of "Dad doesn't do it like that" and a few over eager requests of "Can I lick the bowl now?". It turns out their favourite ones are iced, but without the nuts. Next time I am tempted to put walnuts on them all, just to see how long it takes for the kids to work out that the toppings are only temporary.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *