The Hot Air Balloon Necklace

Friday, October 28, 2011




Sometimes wonderful things just happen. No real planning, just the happen-stance of ideas, material and mid afternoon sleeps.

This morning Little E was cutting out shapes, and handed me paper diamonds for a necklace. As i made my paper necklace, we talked about making a necklace with flowers, and she decided she needed a balloon and a sun. We started thinking about other things in the air and the drawings began. While I put the finishing touches on the sketch for this, E was already miles ahead and planning the next one. Apparently, it will feature an octopus and other things that live in the water.

This afternoon, as Miss H slept we chose colours, cut shapes and played hide and seek. Threading was a lot trickier that I thought. I will use thinner yarn next time. Listening quietly for the giggles before the seek part helps too.

And in answer to the question "does she like it?" I think we have a resounding yes.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What a great necklace! Super design! And your pinafore and simplicity dresses are just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely - both the necklace and the time spent together making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hot air balloon necklace... I wanted to ask if it's ok to pin your photo (without your daughter in it) to my board of craft ideas for a rainy day.... is that ok? (I am a bit new to this pinterest thing so I am unsure of the 'manners in pinning' etc... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs M, By all means, pin away. Thank-for asking too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *