Unfortunately, Amy

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A few years back I started to make my way through the Series of Unfortunate Events. They had me giggling away, in horror many times, with turns of phrase that just begged to be read aloud. I'm looking forward to reading these to little e at some point. In the mean time, I have just read about this at Allsorts.

You need to google the phrase “unfortunately, XXX” and put your name in the blanks. It seams that Amy Winehouse had been doing enough unfortunate things for all Amy's out there, but I did come across these:

Unfortunately, Amy may be heading the same way

Unfortunately Amy had got very upset that her party might have to be postponed because..”

Unfortunately, Amy's had enough of all that good clean living in the tropics

Unfortunately, Amy Lou sees imaginary friends

Unfortunately, Amy lost everyone's money

and this is the best one, it even managed to horrify my dearest:

“Unfortunately, Amy is immediately smitten with the well-dressed hunk, and it isn't long before Jacques, despite his ruthless professional instincts...”

While I have a few questions for him over this one :

Unfortunately Greg has since removed his Nipple from bebo due to...

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. way too funny.. I need to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just sounded like so much fun, I had to try. The first one that was listed was "Unfortunately, Cheri is correct." Hmmm...sounds fortunately to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I did an "unfortunately, amy" search and your post was my first result! This made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI AMy,
    This isthe recipe I used..it comes from the last issue of my favourite magazine for self sufficiency Grass ROots:
    5 Kg Tomatoes
    5 med onions
    4 med capsicums
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon oregano
    1 tablespoon basil
    4 tablespoon sugar
    Double the amount of herbs if they are fresh.
    Chop the timmies, onions and capsicums, place in a large saucepan, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to med low,and simmer stiring occassionally. Add salt and herbs,, add sugar tastings a syou go you can add more or less its personal taste.
    The sauce will be quite liquid but will thicken as it reduces, this caould take three hours or so. Again to your taste.
    Preserve as normal. I use jars with lids that seal as the heat inside draws them down (jam jars) I heat up jars and steralise them by half an hour in the oven at 120. I leave them at this teemp until time to put liquid in.
    Good luck Ask any questions!
    Cherry Ps your word verification is Spermica !!!!Just humour for this old gear!
    Cherry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *