Stocking the Baby Box - Burp Cloths

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Burp Cloths


I have to admit that I didn't use burp cloths for little e. Not because she didn't need one, but more because I was never that organised. For me it was more a matter of reaching into the baby bag and pulling out the handiest absorbent thing just after she threw up. I am setting out to remedy this for my friends expecting babies by making these.



This is simply a 2 layers of cotton flannel with bias trim. There was a bit of experimenting with size. The smaller one is 15 x 35 cm. It looks fine and you can get enough trim out of a fat quarter of fabric. However, the child would have to aim well. The brown and pink one is on the generous side at 18 x 75 cm and probably the most practical.


I have been looking around at tutorials and found these . Does any know where to find Gerber prefolds in New Zealand? I am really keen to try them out. Whereas these are using stuff easier to find close to home.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hi there

    these burp cloths look very practical, also how nice to recieve something homemade. I can tell by the bias that you know your stuff, if only I could sew that straight!

    thanks for stopping by our blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *